How can we use genuine Apple LCD’s LEGALLY if Apple does not sell them ?
So first of all. In the past you may have heard from either the internet or me saying “You cannot buy a genuine Apple LCD, they must be ones taken off another iPhone” or “If you are told they are genuine they are probably lying”. Well this was the case up until a certain point when LCD refurbishment became affordable to do in house.
The Process involves:
- Removing the broken glass and frame
- Removing the old glue and polariser
- Cleaning the LCD to a mirror finish
- Re-apply polariser, glue and glass
- Complete process in the machine to remove bubbles
Now that’s not the whole process but I wont bore you with the details as it isn’t a tutorial BUT this process allows us to keep using the Genuine Apple LCD’s and replacing the broken materials for original like for like ones that are the exact quality and specification.
So now you understand how we are able to do it but why do we recommend it if it seems a lot more work ?
Copy screens are a cheap fix. They do have some benefits but they are heavily outweighed by everything that is good about genuine.
- Genuine: Quality and performance are perfect
- Copy: Apple updates could stop your copy screens from working- Until they fix the problem
- Genuine: The display shows colours the way they are meant to be displayed
- Copy: Copy displays often have a blue or yellow tint depending on manufacturer
- Genuine: Apple screens are reliable
- Copy: A copy screen may not tolerate day to day use as well as a genuine part
If you have a copy LCD fitted we with supply that with a standard 30 day warranty.
All Genuine LCD’s and original iPad screens are backed with a LIFETIME warranty and as we a fully aware of accidents, If you crack the glass on you iPhone screen within 12 months of repair we will replace it for another genuine LCD at half the price you paid first time round!
Use the Contact Form for Questions or Quote requests